Two of our veterinary surgeons have over 30 years of cumulative experience of first and second opinion clinical practice on South American Camelids. Beside, all of our clinicians have regular exposure to camelid patients, making us one of the most established veterinary practices on these species. Our multidisciplinary approach allows for access to hospital facilities, involving surgery, diagnostic images, in-house laboratory facilities and hospitalisation.
We acknowledge the challenges offered by camelid practice, and we strive to stay abreast with developments in the field. We recognise the uniqueness of these species, while applying sound elements of ruminant preventative and individual animal care.
Among the others, we offer to our existing clients the following services:
- Ultrasound trans-abdominal pregnancy diagnosis (from 30 days onward)
- Male castration (standing or recumbent under deep sedation/general anaesthesia)
- Harvesting of plasma for transfusion
- Blood transfusion for cases of anaemia
- Development of preventative medicine protocols, such as vaccination and endo-parasites control
- Disease investigation, at individual and group level. We have a specific expertise on skin disease
- Training courses – covering all skills required for looking after camelids